Our expectations for student-learning include:
- To achieve a firm grounding in all academic spheres – sciences, arts and technology – through an internationally recognized study program, assisting entry into courses of higher education and into the world of work in any country.
- To reach a high level of linguistic proficiency in mainly Spanish and English, as an indispensable means of international communication and understanding.
- To achieve greater educational depth and develop higher order thinking, through the inclusion of new subjects and learning strategies.
- To develop self-motivation towards learning as well as diligence and sound study skills and habits.
- To reach autonomy, self-direction and accountability in the students’ learning process.
- To develop initiative and creativity through the search for answers and solutions to new situations.
- To achieve a solid appreciation of the linguistic and cultural heritages of Spain and Galicia.
- To achieve a healthy physical condition through age-adjusted physical education.
- To advance in local and global understanding, recognizing the values and needs of all countries.
- To instil a life-long love of learning.
Chester College International School offers the U.S. school curriculum as well as the official Spanish program. Please refer to the chart below to see the US-Spain Grade equivalences:
The objectives for student learning are pursued through active learning and individual and group work, in classes with small numbers. Students are encouraged to apply previous and new knowledge to problem solving, and taught to analyze, synthesize and critically evaluate information given.
As far as is possible, students are helped to learn through experiment. The College sets out to make optimum use of digital technology for educational purposes.
Our professional staff are highly qualified and dedicated. The teaching staff comprises English-speaking and Spanish teachers.
There is a tutor system through which each student is given personal advice and helped to develop fully his or her personality and potential.
Students and their families receive monthly reports with evaluation grades and detailed teacher comments highlighting progress and challenges. Final examination grades are given at the end of the academic year.
Appropriate High School students are entered for a variety of external examinations:
- SAT and AP exams
- American College Entrance Tests
- Students who successfully complete Grade 12 and meet the Spanish official requirements may be entered for the Spanish University Entrance Exam (Selectividad)
Since 2014, Chester College International School is an official SAT and AP examination centre.
All students will be expected to take an external language exam, administered by the following internationally-recognized institutions:
- Instituto Cervantes DELE (Diplomas in Spanish as a Foreign Language): Inicial, Intermedio and Superior
- Trinity College London: Examinations in Effective Communication
- Trinity College London: GESE and ISE
- University of Cambridge, UK. Examinations in English. TOEFL.